Friday 11 December 2015

GOING FROM N1000 TO OVER N100Million

The story of Stephen Akintayo shatters the myth that one needs millions of naira to start a business. Once upon a time he sold pure water and pop corn to make ends meet while studying in the university. Today he is an entrepreneur, a motivational speaker, a life coach and mentor and an ICT professional earning as much as N50, 000 per hour for speaking engagements!
In a chat with TS Weekend, Akintayo opened up on how he started his business while studying in the university with just a N1000 as a 300 Level student many years ago.
“People who want to go into business say money is the problem and that is not true. Money has wings and it could fly. They can give you those millions you have been telling yourself would transform your business but beware, you could eventually get those millions and before you say Jackie Robinson, you could end up blowing it all and everything could go down the drain! I am talking from experience.”
Recounting his journey into entrepreneurship, Akintayo says: “I started my business with N1000. It was during ASUU strike when I was studying at the university; I was in my 300 Level year. I realised that people needed to do bulk SMS so I started doing my research online and that was when I got my first job.”
He reveals that the deal was so bad his client could not even afford to pay the bill of N1000 he charged; he could only afford N700. But because he believed in his dream and the awesome potentials waiting to be unlocked on social media, he burrowed a further N300 from a friend and took the plunge. And guess what; he didn’t even have a laptop or a desk top; he had to buy air time at a cyber cafe! Today, that move has transformed him into one of the major players in the digital media marketing space in Nigeria.
[Read full interview by clicking the link: http://wp.me/p5Wtnp-Uk ]

Source: By Tony Ogaga Erhariefe, as published on Sun Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment